Hypertension Home > Side Effects of Minoxidil Oral
While most people tolerate minoxidil oral well, it is still possible for side effects to occur. Common reactions to this drug include headaches, dizziness, and darkening of fine body hair. Although most side effects are typically minor and easy to treat, contact your healthcare provider if you develop potentially serious problems with minoxidil oral, such as chest pain, difficulty breathing, or unusual bruising.
An Introduction to Side Effects of Minoxidil OralJust like any medicine, minoxidil oral (Loniten®) can cause side effects. However, not everyone who uses the medication will have problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with minoxidil oral. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list with you.)
Minoxidil Oral Side Effects to ReportSome minoxidil oral side effects are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Swelling in the face, hands, legs, ankles, or abdominal (stomach) area due to fluid retention (edema)
- A rapid weight gain of five pounds or more
- Rapid heart rate
- Problems breathing (especially when lying down)
- Chest pain or pain radiating to the neck, arm, or shoulder area
- Extreme dizziness, lightheadedness, or fainting
- Feelings of anxiety or restlessness
- Any signs of an infection, such as fever, body aches, or chills
- Unusual bruising or bleeding
- Feelings of tingling or numbness in the hands, feet, or face
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- An unexplained rash
- Swelling of the mouth or throat
- Difficulty breathing.