Hypertension Home > Nifediac Dosage
Your Nifediac CC dosage will be based on several factors, such as other medical conditions you have and other medications you are taking. For most people with high blood pressure, dosages generally start at 30 mg once daily. Your healthcare provider may increase the Nifediac CC dose if necessary, up to a maximum of 90 mg once daily.
Nifediac Dosage: An IntroductionThe dose of Nifediac CC® (nifedipine) your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may currently be taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your Nifediac CC dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Nifediac Dosing for HypertensionThe recommended starting Nifediac CC dose for treating high blood pressure (hypertension) is Nifediac CC 30 mg once daily. If necessary, your healthcare provider may increase your dose (up to Nifediac CC 90 mg once daily).
Two Nifediac CC 30 mg tablets can be substituted for one Nifediac CC 60 mg tablet. However, three Nifediac CC 30 mg tablets cannot be substituted for one Nifediac CC 90 mg tablet. In studies, people who took three 30 mg tablets had higher blood levels of Nifediac CC compared to people who took one 90 mg tablet.
- Nifediac CC comes in tablet form and is taken by mouth, usually once a day.
- Nifediac CC should be taken on an empty stomach.
- Because Nifediac CC tablets are extended release, they should not be broken, crushed, or chewed. Be sure to swallow Nifediac CC tablets whole.
- Nifediac CC should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level of the medication in your blood.
- For Nifediac CC to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Nifediac CC will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to Nifediac CC or your Nifediac CC dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.