Hypertension Home > Nifediac Overdose
If you take too much Nifediac CC, overdose symptoms (such as lightheadedness, dizziness, or fainting) may occur. The effects of an overdose can vary depending on how much Nifediac CC was taken and whether it was taken with other drugs or alcohol. There are various treatment options available for a Nifediac CC overdose, including supportive care and pumping the stomach.
Nifediac Overdose: An OverviewNifediac CC® (nifedipine) is a prescription medication known as a calcium channel blocker. It is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension). The effects of a Nifediac CC overdose will vary depending on a number of factors, including how much Nifediac CC was taken and whether it was taken with any other medicines, alcohol, and/or street drugs.
If you happen to overdose on Nifediac CC, seek immediate medical attention.
- Low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Loss of consciousness
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- Fluid in the lungs.
This may cause signs or symptoms that include:
- Difficulty breathing.
Treatment for a Nifediac OverdoseThe treatment for a Nifediac CC overdose will vary. If the Nifediac CC overdose was recent, the healthcare provider may administer certain medicines or place a tube into the stomach to "pump the stomach." Treatment may also involve supportive care. This type of care consists of treating the symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose. For example, supportive treatment options may include:
- Fluids through an intravenous line (IV)
- Medications to increase blood pressure or correct an arrhythmia
- Other treatments based on the complications that occur
- Close monitoring of the heart and lungs.
It is important that you seek medical attention immediately if you believe that you may have overdosed on Nifediac CC.