Hypertension Home > Important Instructions for Nifediac
When and How to Do I Take It?Some general considerations for when and how to take Nifediac CC include:
- The medication comes in tablet form and is taken by mouth, usually once a day.
- It should be taken on an empty stomach.
- Because the tablets are extended release, they should not be broken, crushed, or chewed. Be sure to swallow the tablets whole.
- It should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level of the drug in your blood.
- For the medicine to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
Nifediac DosingThe dosage your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may currently be taking.
Nifediac Side EffectsAs with any medicine, there are possible side effects that may occur. However, not everyone who takes the medication will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. When side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
- Swelling or water retention in the hands, feet, or lower legs
- Flushing or hot flashes