Hypertension Home > Safety Guidelines for Olmesartan
Drug InteractionsOlmesartan can potentially interact with a number of medicines (see Drug Interactions With Olmesartan).
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking olmesartan if you have:
- Heart disease, including congestive heart failure
- Liver disease, including cirrhosis
- Kidney disease or kidney failure
- Any allergies, including allergies to other angiotensin II receptor blockers, foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or trying to become pregnant (see Benicar and Pregnancy)
- On dialysis