Hypertension Home > Important Instructions for Penbutolol
- Penbutolol comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth once daily.
- You can take this medication either with a meal or on an empty stomach.
- For the medicine to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Penbutolol will not work if you stop taking it.
- In general, this medication should not be stopped suddenly, as serious problems (including heart attacks) may result.
- The severity of your high blood pressure
- How you respond to the medication
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.