Hypertension Home > Important Instructions for Pindolol
- Pindolol comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth twice a day.
- You can take this drug with a meal or on an empty stomach.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Pindolol will not work if you stop taking it.
- In general, this medication should not be stopped suddenly, as serious problems (including heart attacks) may result.
- The severity of your high blood pressure
- How you respond to the medication
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.