Hypertension Home > Instructions for Taking Plendil and What to Expect
When and How to Take PlendilGeneral considerations for when and how to take the medication include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth, usually once a day.
- Because Plendil tablets are extended-release, they should not be crushed, broken, or chewed. Be sure to swallow the tablets whole.
- Plendil should be taken with food.
- The medication should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For Plendil to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. The medication will not work if you stop taking it.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Plendil that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- Other medical conditions you have
- Other medications you are currently taking.
Side EffectsAs with any medicine, side effects are possible with Plendil. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
- Swelling of the lower legs, feet, or hands (peripheral edema)
- Flushing (redness of the skin, especially the face)
- Upset stomach or indigestion