Hypertension Home > When to Avoid Procardia XL
Drug Interactions With Procardia XLProcardia XL can potentially interact with a number of medicines.
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- Heart disease, including congestive heart failure (CHF)
- Low blood pressure
- An esophageal stricture or other narrowing of the digestive tract
- Colon cancer
- A history of a bowel obstruction
- Had a gastric bypass or gastric banding surgery
- Had a section of your bowel surgically removed
- A colostomy
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- An underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism)
- An upcoming surgery
- Aortic stenosis
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Procardia XL and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Procardia XL and Breastfeeding).