Hypertension Home > Treatment Instructions for Propranolol/HCTZ
When and How to Take This MedicationSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with propranolol/HCTZ include the following:
- Propranolol/HCTZ comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth once or twice daily.
- Try to take it at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- Hydrochlorothiazide (one of the medications in propranolol/HCTZ) increases urination. Therefore, you may want to take your last dose of the day no later than late in the afternoon to reduce the need to urinate during the night.
- Propranolol/HCTZ tablets can be taken with or without food. Try taking them with food if they bother your stomach.
- For this medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
Dosing Information for Propranolol/HCTZThe dose of propranolol/HCTZ your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your blood pressure
- How you respond to the medication
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.