Hypertension Home > Quinapril-Hydrochlorothiazide Dosing
Quinapril-hydrochlorothiazide dosing recommendations for the treatment of high blood pressure will vary from 10 mg/12.5 to 20 mg/25 mg once daily. Depending on how you respond to the medication after several weeks, your healthcare provider may increase or decrease your dosage accordingly. To ensure that your body maintains even levels of quinapril-hydrochlorothiazide, dosing guidelines should be followed closely, and dosages should be taken at the same time each day.
The dose of quinapril-hydrochlorothiazide (sold under the brand name Accuretic® and also sold generically as Quinaretic™) that your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may currently be taking
- How you respond to quinapril-hydrochlorothiazide.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
The recommended dosage of quinapril-hydrochlorothiazide for people with high blood pressure (hypertension) will vary between quinapril-hydrochlorothiazide 10 mg/12.5 mg and quinapril-hydrochlorothiazide 20 mg/25 mg once a day. Based on the initial blood pressure response and/or quinapril-hydrochlorothiazide side effects, the dosage may be increased or decreased. With each change in dosage, it may take several weeks to see the full effects of this drug on lowering blood pressure.
Patients taking this drug should keep the following considerations in mind:
- Your quinapril-hydrochlorothiazide dosage should be taken by mouth with a glass of water.
- Quinapril-hydrochlorothiazide may be taken with or without food.
- Make sure to take quinapril-hydrochlorothiazide at the same time each day to maintain even levels of medicine in the blood.
- For quinapril-hydrochlorothiazide to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. Quinapril-hydrochlorothiazide will not work if you take it differently than your healthcare provider prescribes.
- If you do not take your quinapril-hydrochlorothiazide as scheduled, take your next dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next scheduled dose, skip the missed one and continue with normal dosing. Do not take a double dose.
- If you are unsure about anything related to quinapril-hydrochlorothiazide or your quinapril-hydrochlorothiazide dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking quinapril-hydrochlorothiazide without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.