Hypertension Home > Spironolactone-HCTZ
Spironolactone-HCTZ is a medication that is commonly prescribed to treat high blood pressure and fluid retention. It is a combination drug that consists of two different diuretics. By increasing the amount of water removed from the blood, spironolactone-HCTZ can cause a decrease in blood volume. Side effects that have been reported with the medication include dizziness, diarrhea, nausea, and drowsiness.
- Low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Diarrhea or constipation
- Nausea, vomiting, or loss of appetite
- Drowsiness or confusion
- Breast development in men (gynecomastia)
- Menstrual changes, including irregular or absent periods
- Impotence, also known as erectile dysfunction or ED (see Aldactazide and Impotence).