Hypertension Home > Treatment Instructions for Trandate and Clinical Effects
- This medication comes in tablet form, but it is also available in injection form for use in the hospital setting. Most people take it two or three times a day.
- You can take Trandate with or without food.
- Take your doses at the same time each day to maintain an even level of the medicine in your blood.
- For Trandate to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. This drug will not work if you stop taking it.
- You should not stop Trandate without first discussing it with your healthcare provider. Stopping it abruptly increases the risk of serious side effects (see Trandate Precautions and Warnings).
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other drugs you may be taking
- How you respond to Trandate.