Hypertension Home > Trandate Precautions and Warnings
When it comes to Trandate, precautions and warnings to be aware of before starting treatment include such things as not stopping the medication abruptly. Doing so can increase your chances for developing angina, heart attack, or serious irregular heart rhythms. Other safety concerns with Trandate involve an increased risk for breathing problems, especially in people with certain lung diseases.
- Heart disease, including:
- A slow heart rate
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Kidney disease
- Liver disease, including cirrhosis
- Any allergies, including allergies to beta blockers, foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Are pregnant or trying to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding
- Will be undergoing surgery or anesthesia.