Hypertension Home > Treating an Overdose of Ziac
The treatment for an overdose with Ziac will vary. If the overdose was recent, a healthcare provider may give certain medicines or place a tube into the stomach to "pump the stomach." Treatment will also involve supportive care, such as:
- Giving medications to increase the heart rate
- Giving IV fluids and medications to increase blood pressure
- Giving asthma medications to reverse airway constriction
- Giving IV glucose to reverse low blood sugar
- Correcting electrolyte imbalances.
It is important that you seek medical attention immediately if you believe that you may have taken too much Ziac.