Moduretic Dosage: An Overview
The dose of Moduretic®
) that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking
- How you respond to Moduretic.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Moduretic Dosage for High Blood Pressure or Fluid Retention
The recommended starting dose of Moduretic for any use is one Moduretic tablet (equal to 5 mg of amiloride
and 50 mg of hydrochlorothiazide
) with food. If needed, your healthcare provider may increase your dose up to two tablets once daily with food.
General Information on Dosing With Moduretic
Considerations for people taking Moduretic include the following:
- The drug comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth once a day, although some people will not need to take it every day. They may take it every other day or even less frequently.
- Moduretic should be taken with food.
- The medication should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- Because Moduretic increases urination, it is best to take it in the morning (to avoid needing to get up to use the bathroom throughout the night), unless your healthcare provider instructs you otherwise.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Moduretic will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to Moduretic or your Moduretic dosage, talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking the drug without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.