Dosing Tips and Guidelines for Moduretic
When and How to Take This MedicationGeneral considerations for when and how to take Moduretic include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth once a day, although it may be taken more often.
- Moduretic should be taken with food.
- The medication should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your blood. However, some people do not need to take Moduretic every day, especially those taking it for fluid retention.
- Because Moduretic increases urination, it is best to take it in the morning to avoid needing to get up to use the bathroom throughout the night, unless your healthcare provider instructs you otherwise.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Moduretic will not work if you stop taking it.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Moduretic your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking
- How you respond to Moduretic.
As with any medication, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Moduretic Dosage for more information.)