Precautions and Warnings With Nebivolol
There are many precautions and warnings with nebivolol to be aware of, including information on who should not use this medicine. You should not take this blood pressure medication if you have severe bradycardia, cardiogenic shock, or severe liver disease. It is important to know that beta blockers can worsen certain medical conditions, such as heart failure, asthma, or peripheral artery disease.
- Liver disease, such as liver failure, cirrhosis, or hepatitis
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Chest pain (angina)
- Heart failure
- A recent history of heart attack
- A slow heart rate (bradycardia)
- Heart block
- Sick sinus syndrome
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Peripheral artery disease (PAD)
- Have an upcoming surgery
- A pheochromocytoma
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all other medicines you are taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.