Plendil Side Effects
Weakness, headaches, and peripheral edema are among the most commonly reported side effects of Plendil. Those that are reported rarely (but are still possible) include insomnia, vomiting, and impotence. There are also more serious side effects that you should report to your healthcare provider immediately, including chest pain, depression, or any signs of an allergic reaction.
An Introduction to Plendil Side EffectsAs with any medicine, side effects are possible with Plendil® (felodipine). However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with Plendil. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list with you.)
Common Side Effects of PlendilPlendil has been studied thoroughly in clinical trials. In these studies, the side effects that occur in a group of people taking the drug are documented and compared to the side effects that occur in another group of people not taking the medicine. As a result, it is possible to see what side effects occur, how often they appear, and how they compare to the group not taking the medicine.
In these studies, the most common Plendil side effects included:
- Swelling of the lower legs, hands, or feet (peripheral edema) -- in up to 17.4 percent of people
- Headaches -- up to 14.7 percent (see Felodipine and Headaches)
- Flushing (redness of the skin, especially the face) -- up to 6.9 percent
- Weakness -- up to 3.9 percent
- Upset stomach or indigestion -- up to 3.9 percent
- Upper respiratory tract infections (similar to the common cold) -- up to 3.9 percent
- Dizziness -- up to 3.7 percent.
Other common side effects (occurring in 1.5 to 1.7 percent of people) included:
- A runny nose
- A warm sensation