Procardia XL Dosage
In order for Procardia XL to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Your healthcare provider will consider several factors prior to prescribing Procardia XL, such as other medical conditions you have and other medications you are taking. The recommended starting Procardia XL dosage for treating chest pain or high blood pressure is 30 mg to 60 mg once daily. You healthcare provider may increase your dosage if necessary, up to a maximum of 90 mg daily.
Procardia XL Dosage: An IntroductionThe dose of Procardia XL® (nifedipine) your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- The medical condition being treated
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may currently be taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your Procardia XL dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Procardia XL Dosing for Angina or HypertensionThe recommended starting Procardia XL dose for treating chest pain (angina) or high blood pressure (hypertension) is Procardia XL 30 mg to 60 mg once daily. If necessary, your healthcare provider may increase your dose (up to Procardia XL 90 mg once daily). The dosage can also be decreased if you experience bothersome Procardia XL side effects.
- Procardia XL comes in tablet form. Procardia XL is taken by mouth, usually once a day.
- It does not matter if you take Procardia XL with or without food.
- Because Procardia XL tablets are extended release, they should not be broken, crushed, or chewed. Be sure to swallow Procardia XL tablets whole.
- Procardia XL should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level of the medication in your blood.
- For Procardia XL to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Procardia XL will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to Procardia XL or your Procardia XL dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.