Safety Concerns and Tips on Taking Procardia XL
When and How to Take Procardia XLSome general considerations for when and how to take the medication include:
- Procardia XL comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth, usually once a day.
- You can take it with or without food.
- Because the tablets are extended release, they should not be broken, crushed, or chewed. Be sure to swallow them whole.
- It should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level of the drug in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
Dosing InformationThe dosage your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- The medical condition being treated
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may currently be taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Procardia XL Dosage for more information.)
Side EffectsAs with any medicine, there are possible side effects with Procardia XL. However, not everyone who takes the medication will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. When side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Common side effects of Procardia XL include, but are not limited to:
(Click Procardia XL Side Effects to learn about specific side effects of this medication, including some of the more serious side effects that you should report to your healthcare provider. You can also read about other possible side effects by going to:
- Procardia XL and Depression
- Procardia XL and Impotence
- Procardia XL and Dry Mouth
- Procardia XL and Weight Gain.)