When and How to Take Taztia XT
Some general considerations for when and how to take Taztia XT include the following:
- Taztia XT comes in capsule form. It is taken by mouth once a day.
- You can take your dosage with or without food.
- The capsules are extended-release and should not be chewed or crushed. Be sure to swallow them whole.
- For people with trouble swallowing, Taztia XT capsules can be opened and the contents sprinkled on a spoonful of applesauce. The applesauce should not be hot and must be swallowed whole (without chewing) immediately and should be followed with a glass of water.
- This drug should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For Taztia XT to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. The medication will not work if you stop taking it.
The dose of Taztia XT your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The medical condition being treated
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Diltiazem Dosage for more information.)