Tekturna HCT Dosage
The Tekturna HCT dosage you are prescribed will depend on several factors, for example, other medications you are taking and how you respond to Tekturna HCT. It can take time to see the full effects of the drug on your blood pressure. As a result, your healthcare provider will wait at least two to four weeks before increasing your HCT dosage.
Tekturna HCT Dosage: An IntroductionThe dose of Tekturna HCT® (aliskiren-HCTZ) your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to Tekturna HCT
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Tekturna HCT Dosage for High Blood PressureTekturna HCT is a combination medication, containing aliskiren (Tekturna®) and hydrochlorothiazide (also known as HCT or HCTZ). Your healthcare provider will determine the best Tekturna HCT dose for you based on the dose of your current medications, as well as your current blood pressure.
For people who are not currently taking aliskiren or hydrochlorothiazide, the recommended starting dosage is Tekturna HCT 150/12.5 mg once daily.
If you are switching from either aliskiren or HCTZ, any strength of Tekturna HCT will lower your blood pressure more than just using aliskiren or hydrochlorothiazide alone, regardless of the dose. Your healthcare provider should wait at least two to four weeks before increasing your dose, as it takes time to see the full effects of Tekturna HCT on your blood pressure.
General Information on Dosing With Tekturna HCTConsiderations for people taking Tekturna HCT include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth once daily.
- You should take Tekturna HCT consistently, either with or without food (fatty meals may decrease the absorption of the drug). In other words, you should either always take Tekturna HCT with food or never take it with food.
- Make sure to take Tekturna HCT at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Tekturna HCT will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Tekturna HCT dosage, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking the drug without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.