Understanding Treatment With Tekturna HCT and Its Effects
Effects of Tekturna HCTPrevious studies have already demonstrated that the two components of Tekturna HCT can lower blood pressure when used alone. Specific studies on Tekturna HCT showed that using the two components together was more effective at lowering blood pressure than when either medication was used alone.
When and How to Take ItGeneral considerations for when and how to take Tekturna HCT include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth once daily.
- You should take Tekturna HCT consistently, either with or without food (fatty meals may decrease the absorption of Tekturna HCT). In other words, you should either always take the drug with food or never take it with food.
- Make sure to take it at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
Dosing Information for Tekturna HCTThe dosage your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to Tekturna HCT
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Tekturna HCT Dosage for more information.)