Zaroxolyn Dosage: An Overview
The dose of Zaroxolyn®
) that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking
- How you respond to Zaroxolyn.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Zaroxolyn Dosage for Water Retention
The recommended dose of Zaroxolyn for treating water retention due to congestive heart failure
(CHF) or kidney problems is Zaroxolyn 5 mg to 20 mg once daily. Some people may not need to take the medication every day to treat water retention, however.
General Information on Dosing With Zaroxolyn
Considerations for people taking Zaroxolyn include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth once a day.
- You can take Zaroxolyn with or without food.
- The medication should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your blood. However, some people do not need to take Zaroxolyn every day, especially people taking it for fluid retention.
- Because Zaroxolyn increases urination, it is best to take it in the morning (to avoid having to get up to use the bathroom throughout the night), unless your healthcare provider instructs you otherwise.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Zaroxolyn will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Zaroxolyn dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking the drug without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.