When and How to Take Zaroxolyn
When and How to Take ZaroxolynGeneral considerations for when and how to take Zaroxolyn include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth, usually once a day.
- You can take it with or without food.
- Zaroxolyn should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your blood. However, some people do not need to take the medication every day, especially people taking it for fluid retention.
- Because the medication increases urination, it is best to take it in the morning (to avoid having to get up to use the bathroom throughout the night), unless your healthcare provider instructs you otherwise.
- For Zaroxolyn to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. The medication will not work if you stop taking it.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Zaroxolyn that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking
- How you respond to Zaroxolyn.
As with any medication, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Zaroxolyn Dosage for more information.)